About VASER® Lipo
It is effective in targeting areas where excess fat has collected that can’t be shifted with exercise or healthy eating.Schedule online
VASER® High Def Liposuction, often referred to as VASER® Lipo, is an in-office cosmetic surgical procedure designed to target these unwanted changes, particularly the abdomen, flanks, waistline, back, buttocks and leg areas. An effective VASER® Lipo procedure offers spectacular body contouring all the way around the torso.
High-definition body contouring transforms a patient’s body by removing persistent fat deposits while keeping excess fat and skin in balance. VASER® stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance and uses specialized ultrasound technology to break down fat cells by emitting ultrasonic waves at a specific frequency.
You can expect sculpting around the musculature for an athletic look. The treatment can be specifically tailored to your body to enhance existing muscles resulting in a natural, toned appearance. With VASER® Liposuction, muscles aren’t sculpted out of the fat, but rather the appearance of the target area is enhanced by sculpting around certain muscles. Incisions are typically small and not noticeable, and the treatment itself lasts between one and two hours.
- The procedure offers excellent body contouring results
- Patients recover faster because the procedure is gentler on the body compared to traditional liposuction and results in minimal bruising and a faster recovery time.
- More natural-looking results particularly for ‘love handles’ and the upper back, where it can be difficult to achieve smooth results with traditional liposuction
- For stubborn fat that won’t shift, regardless of exercise or diet, VASER® Lipo helps to achieve a natural contour
- Results are permanent as the fat cells are removed
- Downtime is usually under a week (compared to two weeks with traditional liposuction)
- It can take a long time for the swelling to subside completely (up to a few months)
- There is some risk of scar tissue forming
- If you gain weight after the procedure, the fat cells remaining in the treatment area can expand