What is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® is a brand of cosmetic filler that is used to restore facial contours and reverse some of the signs of aging.Schedule online
The family of products contain hyaluronic acid (HA) as the active ingredient. There are several different products in the Juvéderm® family that target different areas of the face, such as the lips, cheeks, nose, and mouth. Each product has different concentrations of hyaluronic acid and different ways of bonding with water molecules. This allows them to be targeted to specific problem areas.
Juvéderm® contains a synthetic form of HA that is injected into the skin to instantly soften and smooth lines and wrinkles, restore lost facial volume, and enhance the contours of your face. HA is used because it attracts and retains moisture to help the skin appear smooth and plump. It may also help to stimulate the production of collagen, improving the elasticity of your skin.
Every year thousands of people opt for Juvéderm® fillers, and it is one of the most common non-surgical procedures in the country. The filler is slowly absorbed by your body over time, and the treatment lasts between six months and two years depending on the type of filler used, the area being treated, and your metabolism.
- Instant anti-aging results
- No invasive surgery
- Short recovery time
- Low risk of allergic reactions
- Longer-lasting than comparable fillers
- Contains lidocaine to minimize pain and discomfort
- Results aren’t permanent and touch-ups are needed
- Not effective for sagging skin
- You may have some swelling and bruising
- May cause redness, pain, itching, and lumps which should resolve within two to four weeks
- Small risk of scarring, vision impairment, and strokes if not administered by a professional